Thursday, January 10, 2013

it's me and the moon, she said

I didn't do a New Years post, and I don't intend to. I do one every year and they are never any good so that's that. My winter break was spent in Zimbabwe and one town in Botswana. I don't even know how to comprehend it either, don't worry. I posted a bunch of pictures of it on Facebook so consult that if you wish.
I don't even know what to say about it. I loved it and yet was so happy to finally be back in the US. That's usually how I am when I go anywhere though. That feeling of home is just powerful I suppose. I didn't know what to expect at all, I was so stressed about finishing up fall semester and working retail at Christmastime that the fact that I was actually going across the world to a foreign country didn't seem real until I was on the never ending plane ride out there. And honestly it was awesome. Africa is really going places man. It's not as ghetto as you think it would be, I mean it's definitely poor. But it is getting better and I believe in them. Also if you ever fly Ethiopian Air I'm going to warn you that they feed you every two hours and they will aggressively wake you up to ensure that you eat. I also got stuck in Ethiopia on the way home...which was not as exciting as it sounds. I wanted to go exploring but our hotel was in the middle of a construction zone, we literally drove on dirt roads to get to it. My dad and I looked up online to see what was around us to see in Addis and nothing even came up, little did we know there was a huge road not too far away from us that looked like a lot of fun when we drove back to the airport. Oops, missed opportunity I guess.

Now it's back to school and being stressed out. I'm almost done with school, I have 13 more credits after this semester. I don't even know what to do. I'm so happy and so terrified but I know a few things for sure:
1) I need to get out of Utah. I just do.
2) I need more money to do this.
3) I have no idea how to do either of those things ha.

Like I literally just ordered crap from Bath & Body Works and used money in my savings to do so. I am so obviously 21 years old without a clue it's painful haha. Not working for two weeks to traipse around Africa does a number on your income, let me tell you. I'm now just living in a post-Gossip Girl world. It's pretty bleak out there, just kidding, but not really.

I think this is long enough now, thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment