Tuesday, December 13, 2011

if you lose your purpose, it's like you're broken


DAY THIRTEEN - Sticky!


What stuck with you? In 2011, what book that you read, film that you saw, song that you heard (or whatever is your preferred sensory experience) really stuck with you? The kind of thing where you keep thinking about it.

This is awesome because I just saw a movie today that I thought was so great and I think it'll stay with me for awhile. It's called Hugo. I hadn't heard of the movie but my parents heard it was good and because I am done with school and had nothing else to do I tagged along. And it was so cute. I really loved it. I did not see it in 3D  because it gives me a headache but I'm sure if you're into that kind of thing it'd be great. James Cameron even said it was the best use of 3D he had ever seen (including his own movies). So there's that. It is a kid's movie but it definitely appeals to adults and if you love movies you have to see it. Just do it.

These were my favorite quotes from it:

"I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured, if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason."

"If you lose your purpose, it's like you're broken."

"You've been trying to forget the past for so long. Maybe it's time to try and remember."

Other than that I think I pretty much have already blogged about things that stick with me. Certain songs I've posted like Cosmic Love and I Would Be Sad etc. Also the musical I saw Next to Normal. I try really hard to share the things that stick with me so they can stick with you too :)




No comments:

Post a Comment