Thursday, June 16, 2011

when there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

The soap here smells like Froot Loops, it's a little bit off-putting when you're in the shower. Luckily for me, my thoughts tend to be so scattered and random at all times anyway so it doesn't phase me for long. I've had a lot of different thoughts running through my mind lately though. I suppose it's natural after losing someone but I've been thinking about death a lot. My grandpa died about a week and a half ago and I guess that just makes you feel a lot more mortal. I suppose it's funny how things work out because the job I got recently fell through and I was able to drive out to California with my parents and sister to go to his funeral. I'm really glad I had that opportunity because I got to learn a lot more about my grandpa than I knew. He was such a great and inspiring man and I am so grateful to be related to someone so incredible. Military funerals are amazing by the way, and I'm so thankful to those who have served our country.
So I guess I've lost a lot these past couple weeks, but in the end I think I've learned lessons from each thing and I know it will all work out in the end. Here's hoping I land a new job soon and don't have to attend any more funerals for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment