Sunday, December 5, 2010

foggy

Day 34: Your favorite quote

Ha. Favorite quote. I don’t think you understand that I have tons and tons of word documents full of quotes saved on my laptop.

So I’ll just pick a couple that I like in particular for this day…

"the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones
who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones
who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but
burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles
exploding like spiders across the stars."
-Jack Kerouac

I told you I'd leave a light on in case you ever wanted to come back home. You smiled and said you appreciate the gesture. I took your every word to heart cause I can't stand us being apart. And just to show you how much I really miss you, every light in the house is on. The backyard's bright as the crack of dawn. The front walk looks like runway lights. It's kind of like noon in the dead of night. Just in case you ever do get tired of being gone, every light in the house is on.

In other news,

Tree delivery went extremely well today. The fastest it’s ever gone and the easiest. Also first year I’ve done it without Isaac which was really annoying and weird but it’s fiiiine.

No comments:

Post a Comment