Friday, November 26, 2010

something like that…

Day 27: A talent of yours

Hmm…basically my only talent is writing. Not really kidding. And I’m not even a great writer ha. Sorry if you’ve read this it was the first poem I opened on my laptop haha.



Off Season

Staring out at the choppy sea.
Uneven.
Breaking on the shore.
Chaotic mess.
Much like you.

The smell of salt in the air,
reminds me of home.
Stinging my nose.
It takes me back to a place that I don’t want to go.

Sand flecks pierce my bare arms in the wind.
The tiny specks feeling like shards of glass cutting into my skin
with each gust of wind.

Deserted.
Forgotten.
Lonely.

All that is left from this place’s former life are beach front hotels with neon signs declaring vacancies.
I stand, wearing a sign on my heart declaring the same message
with minor discrepancies.

The crashing of the waves mimicking the thrashing of my thoughts.
The breaking, the chaos,
I’m grasping to anything that can make me feel centered,
anything that can calm these seas and ease the winds.
Anything to slow my mind down from thinking these thoughts
that consume me and pull me down in their undertow.
Screaming your name without making a sound…

Alas I am lost at sea.


On another note...

Holy War. Tomorrow. Rice Ecclessss.

I'm in St George but I will be supporting I promise.

Go Utes! Beat those cougs. Bahahaha.

Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment