Sunday, June 13, 2010

Life Update

In case y'all were wondering...
Ha, you can tell I'm back in the South when the y'alls start slipping out. I swear my mom has developed a Southern accent being back here...which is odd because in the 10 years we've been coming here that has never happened before. Not to mention she's from Indiana which hardly makes her a Southern Belle, but I digress.
Yes, as you might have guessed I am back in the South. Hilton Head Island, South Carolina to be exact. Apparently, this is my 10th year here. I actually think it's been 11 years but who's really counting? Either way, that is a very long time and I am always asked the same question.
Why do you go there?
Well, I don't really know how we got started here...I think my dad probably had some kind of medical meeting here or something but regardless we really loved it. The island itself is only 12 miles by 5 miles wide. That's not very big at all. However there are over 250 restaurants, 24 golf courses, and over 200 stores and outlets so there's plenty to do. Not to mention the beautiful white sandy beaches to lounge around on as you please.

It may sound like Hilton Head is just another touristy beach type vacation spot but it's really so much more. You don't get the touristy feel when you're here. Although most people here are tourists the whole feel of the island is very comfortable and inviting. Must be that Southern hospitality thing, but really. The buildings all kind of flow and blend in with the scenery. There are soo many trees. It is also the home of the BEST pecan pie I've ever had in my life, safe to say.
I looove it and I'll probably update with more of my own pictures or something. Today is only my first day here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment